In order to test the state of a canopy PoroTest SKF® measures the time necessary for 250 cm3 to pass through 38,5 cm2 of canopy under a 10 mbar vacuum. This determination method has asserted itself as the standard accepted by paraglider manufacturers. The state of the tested fabric can be evaluated according to the tabel:
|> 200 sec||Excellent|
|70 - 200 sec||Good|
This video shows how PoroTest SKF® works.
The display count
between 0 - 9999 Seconds
1. Top pane
2. Sensor pane
3. Electronic unit
1. Connect the cable to the coupling of the electronic unit.
2. Elevate the sensor pane until you reach the buffer. You must keep the Starter pushed so that it passes over the buffer.
3. Start the electronic unit from the On/Off button located on the side of the box.
4. 4 lines will appear on the screen. The device is ready.
5. Put the canopy over the pane of the porosity meter.
6. Set the top pane over the canopy.
7. Push the Starter in order to release the Sensor pane.
8. The timer starts simultaneously with the issuing of a brief sound.
9. The timer stops when the weight is settled on the Sensor pane. The device issues a brief sound, and the time measured is displayed until the device is reset or turned off with the On/Off button.
Touching the Reset button by accident does not stop the timer if the weight is not set on the Sensor pane.
Before any measurement, make certain that the rubbers that tighten the canopy are perfectly clean. They can be cleaned with a cloth soaked in water.
After fitting the canopy between the two panes, it has to be perfectly flat and even. The rubbers' form facilitates the stretching and the smoothing of the canopy if they are positioned correctly.
PoroTest SKF® is designed and manufactured by Sky Free Team - Uroi, Simeria, Romania.
We love to say: "PoroTest is made by paragliders pilots for paraglider pilots."
PoroTest SKF® - Price 480 Euro.
We accept PayPal payments and and you can pay without PAYPAL account.
Depending on the destination address we are looking for the best transport solution. The cost of shipping will be communicated to you immediately after we receive your order.